Sermons From Our Minister
God created us to be productive, and depression may come when we are lacking in productivity.
From Mark 14:3-9 we the account of the woman who comes to Jesus with an alabaster vial:
- The woman surrounded herself with good people.
- Finding something good to do helped her focus less on herhself and more on others (Jesus in this case).
- Jesus helped her understand which opportunities were always available and which were time-sensitive.
- The woman knew her limitations and looked for an opportunity where she was able to do good.
When trying to overcome depression:
- Don't isolate yourself (Gal. 6:2)
- Get outside of yourself and your problems (Phil. 2:1ff)
- Understand the critical nature of time (James 4:13-17)
- Never allow what you cannot do to define what you can do (1 Cor. 12:28ff)